Now that the weather is turning a little cooler the need for that coffee increases. The nice warmth as you hold that cup of coffee, and the rich aroma of all those flavors.Half of Americans start their day with a cup or more of coffee every day. Many more people continue to enjoy that cup of coffee throughout the day. Are you a coffee lover like me, how does that relate to our oral health? Northwest Family Arkansas wants you to take this quiz and see how it affects your dental well being.
1. True/False - Once you whiten your teeth, you can never drink coffee again.
2. True/False- Those people that have as many as four cups of coffee every day could possibly be at a lower risk for oral or pharyngeal cancer.
3. True/False- Coffee has nothing to do with stains on your teeth, it is only from aging.
1. False- This decision is totally up to you! You should know that newly whiten teeth will start to become stained and yellow again before too long. You could always drink through a straw. You can maintain your whitening by continuing to use bleaching trays as needed.
2. True- Early results from a study based out of the American Cancer Society in Atlanta, Georgia showed promising evidence of this. This could be a result of the high levels of polyphenols, antioxidants, and other cancer-fighting compounds in caffeine. More research is needed, but it is a start!
3. False- Coffee, unfortunately, is one of the biggest offenders when it comes to excessive stain on teeth. Other offenders are tea, red wine, and smoking.
Teeth Whitening in Fayetteville, AR
If you have stains- Ask us at Northwest Arkansas Family Dental how we can help. We are happy to see you for your next dental check up! Give us a call today!