What are some signs of gum disease?
The signs of gum disease vary from person to person, and it’s important to know that gum disease is often present with no symptoms at all. People who do not visit their dentist regularly may not even know they have gum disease. Left untreated, gum disease will continue to worsen. It can even lead to tooth loss.
Sometimes warning signs of gum disease do appear, and these can include any of the following:
- Gums that bleed when you brush or floss
- Gums that are red, swollen, or tender
- Unexplained sores in your mouth
- Teeth that look longer than normal because gums have started to pull away
- Teeth that have become loose
- Bad breath that persists no matter how often you brush
- A change in your bite
- A change in the way your partial dentures fit
Even if you do not have any of these symptoms, you might still be in the early stages of gum disease. The only way to know for sure if you have gum disease is to visit your Fayetteville dentist regularly for examinations. If you find out that you do have gum disease, it is treatable and it is possible for your gum health to be restored.
"We have never been to such a caring and comprehensive dental office! From the first person you meet at the desk to the dentist himself you will not find a ... Read More
"I love going to NWA Dental! They are all so friendly and helpful, and you can tell that they genuinely enjoy what they do!! I highly recommend them to all!"