Northwest Arkansas Family Dental’s New COVID-19 Guidelines
- Appointments will now be longer and managed differently to allow for social distancing and additional cleaning/disinfecting.
- Due to longer appointments, previously scheduled appointments from May 18th through June 12th are cancelled. Please call us at 479.521.2002 to reschedule or schedule a new appointment.
- Our waiting room will be closed. We ask that patients call us at 479.521.2002 when they arrive for their appointment and wait in their car. One of our team members will come to your car when we are ready to begin your appointment.
- No additional family members will be allowed in during appointments. For children appointments, 1 guardian is allowed to join.
- We kindly ask that patients wear masks to their appointments, Masks will not be provided by us.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during previous visits to our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and our team members safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Recent Appointment Changes
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team members, for example:
Our office will ask new screening questions when you schedule your appointment. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the practice. We will also take your temperature before we start your appointment. Our waiting room will be closed, so we are asking all patients to call us when they have arrived and to wait in their cars. One of our team members will come to you when it is time to start. We do kindly ask that you wear a mask to your appointment, as we will not be able to provide masks. No additional family members will be allowed during appointments. For children’s appointments, 1 guardian will be allowed to join. Our appointments will be managed and scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients. That means we will have fewer options when it comes to scheduling and that our appointments will now take longer than before. Because we are having to revamp our appointment times, previously scheduled appointments from May 18th through June 12th have been cancelled, since they did not meet our new guidelines for our patient safety. We are asking our patients call us at 479.521.2002 to reschedule or schedule a new appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and as always we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 479.521.2002 or visit our website at nwafamilydentist.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming everyone back.
Drs. Wade Kifer, Beth Bowen, Megan Johnson, and all of the team at Northwest Arkansas Family Dental.